Are you a service-oriented person who enjoys a challenge?
The Bennett D. Katz Library on the Augusta campus currently has openings for both summer and fall *student assistants and volunteers. These openings are for both day and evening shifts in the library. The Katz Library team is comprised of knowledgeable, service-oriented professionals dedicated to education and life-long learning. Working in the library prepares students for entry into the world of employment by providing them with real-life work experience and teaching them marketable skills such as customer service, research skills, data-entry and retrieval skills plus much more. At the Katz Library, the world of information is at your fingertips! Plus you’ll be working with some really great people who are passionate about helping students.
Position: Office Assistant II
- Providing customer-service, basic assistance and directions to patrons, both in person and over the phone; using a computerized system to check materials in/out, issue/activate library cards and collect fines
- Retrieve morning coffee from Moose Tracks Café for the Library Coffee Service (fall/spring only)
- Use/troubleshoot library equipment (copiers, printers, scanners, etc…)
- Pull requested materials (books, CDs, DVDs, VHS) from stacks/cabinets
- Shelve books (after training)
- Dust/sanitize and straighten books, tables, etc….
- “Shelf Read” bookshelves for missing books
- “Shelf Read” VHS/DVD/CD cabinets for mis-shelved media
- Special projects as assigned
To apply to our dynamic team, please visit the Circulation Desk in the library to fill out and application. You can also contact Laura Betit at 621-3263.
*Those applying for work study positions need to have a financial aid work study award or wish to volunteer. Are you familiar with the volunteer program at UMA? If you volunteer at least 120 hours in a department on campus you may be eligible to have tuition waiver for a course!