The UMA Libraries – Katz, Nottage and Office-Campus Library Services – will be closed Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. We hope you all have a safe and relaxing holiday weekend!
Here are some fun ideas collected from library staff members to help pass the rainy weekend ahead:
- Visit your local Goodwill Industries store to find a great bargain.
- Enjoy a comfort food lunch – creamy tomato soup with a grilled cheese.
- Visit the Maine State Museum on Saturday, May 25th (open 10-4) and enjoy FREE ADMISSION ALL DAY! The 25th is also the last day to view the “Malaga Island, Fragmented Lives” exhibition.
- Re-organize your kitchen cabinets.
- Bake some gooey chocolate chip cookies.
- Go to the movies or better yet rent one to watch from the comfort of home.
- Wander through a few antique shops. There are many right around the corner in Hallowell.
- Pretend to be a tourist in your own town! Feel like really getting into character? Tips on how to dress like a tourist.
- Make some hot chocolate and get lost in a good book.
- Take in one or more of the “Tons o’Marathons” on TV this weekend.
- Rain expected this weekend, but conditions may improve for Memorial Day (bangordailynews.com)