Welcome to month 2 of the Bennett D. Katz Library 2016 Reading Challenge!
Have you finished January’s challenge and are ready for February? Or are you just jumping in? Either way February looks to be a great month for reading, especially if you are participating in the Challenge!
You can find these books using URSUS and if we don’t have them here they can be sent to us by using the “Request” function and by entering your name and library bar code number!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner we thought it just made sense to have one of February’s categories be about relationships. So without further ado,
here is a list of suggested titles for February’s a book about relationships:
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman
- The Giant’s House by Elizabeth McCracken
- Hunters, Herders, and Hamburgers: The Past and Future of Human-Animal Relationships by Richard W. Bulliet
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- Euphoria by Lily King
The other February Reading Challenge option is a historical book! This can be either historical fiction or historical nonfiction.
- In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
- The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff
- The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
- A Night to Remember by Walter Lord
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
If you’re feeling behind, don’t worry! You can still catch up! Feel free to submit your reviews for January either here, Facebook, or in person right through February. Also, did you know audio books count as well? If you have a long commute or enjoy listening to something while you do chores/workout etc. an audio book is a great option to try and you can find many titles available to checkout. If you don’t find what you’re looking for in URSUS try searching MaineCat!