The Bennett D. Katz Library is now hiring for the fall 2016 Semester!
Are you an innovative and customer-service oriented person who likes a challenge?
You must be registered to take classes during the Fall 2016 semester. We hire those with student worker funds and volunteers. We also have a small budget to hire a select few students without work-study funds.
Are you familiar with the volunteer program at UMA? If you volunteer at least 120 hours in a department on campus you may be eligible to have tuition waiver for a course!
Position: Administrative Aid III
- Providing customer-service, basic assistance and directions to patrons, both in person and over the phone; using a computerized system to check materials in/out, issue/activate library cards and collect fines
- Cover Computer Cluster desk by providing basic assistance and direction to computer users with computer operation, software features, and technical issues.
- Use/troubleshoot library equipment (copiers, printers, scanners, etc…)
- Pull requested materials (books, CDs, DVDs, VHS) from stacks/cabinets
- Shelve books (after training)
- Dust/sanitize and straighten books, tables, etc….
- “Shelf Read” bookshelves for missing books
- “Shelf Read” VHS/DVD/CD cabinets for misshelved media
- Special projects as assigned
For more information or to apply to our dynamic team, please visit the Circulation Desk in the library to fill out and application. You can also contact Hilary Woodard at 621-3161.